What are the technical indicators of the switching power supply?
Switching power supply performance indicators can be divided into input, output, protection, display and indication functions, system functions, electrical insulation and electromagnetic compatibility:
A switching power supply electrical performance.
(1) Input characteristics: type and voltage range of the input voltage, grid frequency, harmonic distortion.
(2) Output Characteristics: Rated output voltage, rated output current, voltage accuracy (voltage regulation and load regulation), transient response, output ripple voltage and ripple current, output noise voltage.
(3) Electrical insulation. Electrical insulation of the switching power supply is an important part of safety indicators, the factory switching power supply must be electrically insulated test, to be able to put into the market. AC input terminals of the DC output ends of the electrical insulation test, the leakage current test.
(4) control methods and control functions: voltage control mode, current-mode control, external shutdown function, remote control functions, CNC functions.
(5) protection functions: switching power supply must have a comprehensive protection measures, often protected overcurrent protection, short circuit protection, overvoltage protection, put reverse polarity protection and overheating protection. If necessary, increase the input and output voltage and current monitor, protection relays, alarm, automatic / manual reset circuit. Conditional should also the prototype electromagnetic compatibility test.
Mechanical performance indicators. Volume, weight, etc..
3 Environmental working conditions. Ambient temperature, storage temperature, relative humidity, altitude, cooling conditions (natural cooling, fan cooling).
4 reliability index. Reliability index is often used to mean time between failures (Mean Time Between Failures, MTBF). The MTBF should generally be greater than 100,000 hours.
Switching power supply input, output, protection, electrical insulation and electromagnetic compatibility is the basic requirement of the power supply, display and indication functions, the system function is the special requirements of communications. Ships power specification, as well as power work environment conditions, structure, size and quality of which determines the cooling power, and structural design and part selection. Power supply designer must fully research the above conditions, the design process from start to finish implementing the technical specifications, and fully consider the cost of production and manufacturing methods developed switching power supply, switching power supply design to be successful. Therefore, product design is different from the theoretical research, state-of-the-art circuit here is not enough. Products should be used Mature advanced circuit technology, the lowest production cost, including the device, manufacture, structure, labor, equipment, etc., until the maintenance costs, and at the same time to achieve the highest reliability. Such products will be able to survive.
Cost indicators: in guaranteed performance indicators under the premise should be to minimize the cost of switching power supply in order to improve its cost-effective to create conditions for the realization of commercialization.